httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r697357 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/ modules/http/ modules/test/ server/ server/mpm/experimental/event/
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:29:17 GMT
pquerna@apache.org wrote:

> Using this basic framework, you can return SUSPENDED from an HTTP Handler,
> and then register a callback that is invoked by the MPM at a later time.
>
> This initial version only supports _timers_ as callbacks, but in the future I
> would like to add things like wait for socket activity, on a socket specified by
> the handler.

Ooooh... if you extend that idea to include callbacks on files as well
as on sockets, you will help solve a long standing problem in the
mod_disk_cache code.

It is something I have been keen to get into APR for a while (though I
want to finish the current stuff on my APR plate first).

> Does anyone besides Rüdiger read commit emails :-) ?

Afraid not.

> I know there are likely huge problems with this, but I would like to see how far
> we can push the Event MPM, figure out what to do better, if there is anything,
> and then really dive into the 3.0 development before ApacheCon.

How difficult would this be to support in the other MPMs?

Regards,
Graham