httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [community] 2.3.0 alpha on October 1?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:56:15 GMT
bill stoddard wrote:

>>  * drop win32acceptex semantics, replace them with acceptfilter... none
>>    (a simple accept), connect[ion] (the acceptex semantic), data
>> (acceptex
>>    enhanced with first buffer).
> I don't see the advantage of dropping acceptex.  AcceptEx allows reuse
> of the connection which saves some cycles. Is it breaking anything now?

I'm suggesting... we already allow them to toggle it, but now have a
portable directive for toggling accept behavior on all platforms.  With
the AcceptFilter idea, we may as well take it one step further and allow
'data' mode just as linux/solaris do (no accept until a packet is received.)

Adding the first packet in the AcceptEx should be an improvement.

Oh, Windows 2008 allows connection reuse without TransmitFile :)