httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Ward Comfort <>
Subject Re: Adding full environment variable support to mod_proxy_ajp
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 04:40:23 GMT
On 2 Sep 2008, at 9:58 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> Basically if you add additional config directive it cannot be
>> backported.
> Cannot isn't quite fair... it simply makes it less likely to be
> accepted.  Essentially you ask yourself, is this fixing a bug or
> problem with 2.2, or is it a new feature that should be added and
> instead of distracting the devs from releasing 2.4.0, should the
> emphasis be on getting the new version released?

OK, it sounds like I should give up on the 2.2 backport anyway, which
is fine.  (It's easy enough for me to backport and apply locally if I
need it.)  And in that case, there's no rush on this feature, so the
devs can decide their own priorities regarding 2.4.0.

I would like to write something that others can/will use, if possible.

On 2 Sep 2008, at 9:34 PM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Anyhow I agree with Nick that using existing directives from
> mod_rewrite or mod_headers would be much nicer solution, so I'm not
> in favor of adding new directives.

Do you like the idea of proxying the entire subprocess_env table, or
have another suggestion?  Personally, I'd like to avoid loading
mod_rewrite in my environment, and a long list of these is neither
efficient nor pleasant to maintain:

I don't see a way to extend mod_headers for this, but I might be
missing something.

(Also, for my own understanding, what are the primary concerns about
new directives?  Namespace pollution?)

Ian Ward Comfort <>
System Administrator, Student Computing, Stanford University

View raw message