httpd-dev mailing list archives

From jleslie48 <jlesli...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: system() call on apache server/windows xp pro host
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 16:25:50 GMT

mturk wrote:

> jleslie48 wrote:
>> I know my usage is a bit unusual, but it is important that I can get this
>> done.
>>

> It is, and this sort of question is for users group, not dev one.
>

>> which launches a notepad.exe session on the hosted machine like it
>> should,
>> however its owner is "SYSTEM" and the notepad session does not have an
>> active window, aka, its not on the taskbar, but it does exist in the task
>> manager as a process, although I can't attach my screen/keyboard to it.
>> How do I launch the notepad session normally from a cgi???
>>

> Since you work with desktop, modify the service to use your
> account instead SYSTEM, and enable 'Interact with desktop'
> property. However, this won't work on Vista, and successors,
> but on XP it should.
>
> Regards
> --
> ^(TM)

Thank you very much for response.  I figured that since I was writing the
cgi, that it was a developers question, and not a users, sorry if I put it
in the wrong section.

 AHHH!!!!  I found it.  in the system tray, right-click on the apache icon,
and the "open services" button.
right click on the "apache2" service, tab to "logon" and there it is.  I
stopped and restarted the service,
and all is working now.

This is perfect.

Thanks!!!