httpd-dev mailing list archives

From jleslie48 <jlesli...@yahoo.com>
Subject system() call on apache server/windows xp pro host
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:41:54 GMT

I know my usage is a bit unusual, but it is important that I can get this
done.

I'm running the apache server on a machine that I am also running the
browser from, so I access the apache server by typing in the browser
"http://localhost"

my cgi program has in it a call:

system("start notepad");

which launches a notepad.exe session on the hosted machine like it should,
however its owner is "SYSTEM" and the notepad session does not have an
active window, aka, its not on the taskbar, but it does exist in the task
manager as a process, although I can't attach my screen/keyboard to it.
How do I launch the notepad session normally from a cgi???

my cgi was written using the Borland 5.5 C++ compiler.

TIA,

Jon