httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <Steven.M...@dlr.de>
Subject AW: FWD: Testing modules using Python
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:50:32 GMT

Von: Peter Poeml [mailto:poeml@suse.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. August 2008 11:41
An: dev@httpd.apache.org
Betreff: Re: FWD: Testing modules using Python

Hi Steven,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 10:21:01 +0200, Steven.Mohr@dlr.de wrote:
> Hi,
> on modules-dev@httpd.apache.org Peter gave me the advice to build apache with the SHARED_CORE
rule. Apache 2.x does not have this rule anymore. Is there something comparable in Apache
2.x?
> Sorry for cross-posting but I think you are the guys who could help me.
>
> Steven

The build infrastructure doesn't seem to know this anymore -

but does it work if you do the following?

	make clean
	CFLAGS='-D SHARED_CORE -fPIC' ./configure
	make

and then take the line which links together the httpd binary (the
one with
	libtool ... -mode=link gcc ... -o httpd ...
which is probably the last line)
and rerun it manually with a slight change:

	libtool ... -mode=link gcc ... -shared -o libhttpd.so ... server/exports.o

This should build the shared object anyway.
But it is possible that it doesn't provide what you need. YMMV.

> Steven Mohr
> Bachelor student
>
> DLR (German Aerospace Center),
> Simulation and Software Technology
> Linder Hoehe, 51147 Cologne, Germany
> voice: +49 2203 601 2956  fax: +49 2203 601 3070
> eMail: steven.mohr at dlr.de      http://www.dlr.de/sc
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH