httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: SNI in 2.2.x (Re: Time for 2.2.10?)
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 17:05:35 GMT
Ian G wrote:

> Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>wrote:
>> It might be worth a --with-SNI configuration option, which
>> would label it as an experimental feature.
>
> I imagine the use of SNI would need to be configured in
> httpd.conf anyway, in the virtual host parts.

Making SNI support configurable at runtime also seems a more attractive
solution to me - it would basically mean that in ssl_init_ctx(), the SNI
callback is not registered unless it's explicitly configured. I would
suggest using something like

   SSLEnableSNI port [port] ...

which would be used as a per-server directive (i.e. not within vhosts,
only globally) and enable SNI on the specified ports.

Sander, would a run-time configuration option still receive +1 from you?
This would only be needed for the 2.2.x backport, not for trunk, right?

Kaspar