httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [community] 2.3.0 alpha on October 1?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:24:01 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 08/22/2008 03:03 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> I'm thinking of tagging 2.3.0 alpha a month before we gather in New Orleans
>> for ApacheCon 2008/US <http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/> so that we can
>> begin to gather community feedback and actually /do/ something about it at
>> the hackathon.
>
> My gut feeling is that there are still some issues with the new
> authentication
> code. 3 Basic tests of our perl framework still fail there which might be
> caused by wrong tests for the trunk, but either way it should be fixed.
> Shouldn't this be addressed on trunk before branching (provided this is not
> caused by faulty tests)?

This is the point (1. it's alpha, 2. no branch until (2.4)|(3.0) becomes
near-ready to be blessed).  Let's get trunk as 2.3.0-alpha, bump trunk
from 2.3.0-dev to 2.3.1-dev and start delivering these preview versions
of httpd to the world, especially for module authors who want to anticipate
their compatibility to httpd-next.

Bill