httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: mod_limitipconn merge - try2
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:51:11 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
>>>
>>> I can do the importing into trunk, but I'll need some pointers on
>>> where to place it (I'd prefer a final destination, it's too stable
>>> for experimental IMHO)
>>
>> this is a form of authorization, it appears to fit in aaa.  Perhaps even
>> with a name in that scheme, such as mod_authz_hostlimit or something
>> like that.
>
> I'd say that's stretching a point.  But since I don't think I can
> suggest an existing category into which it fits: the nearest functions
> to it are in core!
>
> Something like modules/traffic/ would kind-of describe it, but as of
> now it would seem lonely there.  I wonder if there's a case for
> modules/misc/ ?

Speaking of a /traffic/ directory....

Would people be interested in a module which rate limited bandwidth
using an output filter?

For example, you could "SetEnv RATELIMIT 100kb/s" in a <Location
block... and it would rate limit all HTTP response bodies to that speed...

One might just magically appear if people would like it....

-Paul