httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: mod_limitipconn merge - try2
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:04:13 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
>>
>> I can do the importing into trunk, but I'll need some pointers on
>> where to place it (I'd prefer a final destination, it's too stable for
>> experimental IMHO)
>
> this is a form of authorization, it appears to fit in aaa.  Perhaps even
> with a name in that scheme, such as mod_authz_hostlimit or something
> like that.

I'd say that's stretching a point.  But since I don't think I can
suggest an existing category into which it fits: the nearest functions
to it are in core!

Something like modules/traffic/ would kind-of describe it, but as of
now it would seem lonely there.  I wonder if there's a case for
modules/misc/ ?

--
Nick Kew