httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r686809 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_balancer.c
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:44:15 GMT
jim@apache.org wrote:

> -                path = apr_strtok(apr_pstrdup(pool, path), "?&", &q);
> +                path = apr_strtok(apr_pstrdup(pool, path), ";?&", &q);

-1.  Semicolon is a perfectly valid character in a session-id, so that
risks breaking other apps.  The fact that Tomcat treats it as a
separator doesn't commit other appservers to do the same.  There's a
case for mod_jk-compatibility in mod_proxy_ajp, not mod_proxy_balancer.

(Unless someone convinces me otherwise)

I'd be fine with the change if it were made configurable:
e.g. add a const char *sep argument to the function.

--
Nick Kew