httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject SNI in 2.2.x (Re: Time for 2.2.10?)
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:16:08 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> At the moment we have 9 entries in the CHANGES file for 2.2.10 and
> there are 5 more proposals in the STATUS file that are missing only
> one vote. I think if get these done we also have enough stuff from
> pure httpd point of view that warrants a release. WDYT?

May I use this occasion to ask if there's still a chance of getting a
backport of SNI accepted for 2.2.x? Following suggestions from Joe, I
went through all relevant SSL* config directives and posted my findings
in two parts on 9th/18th June:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200806.mbox/%3c484CBAA6.7050702@velox.ch%3e
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200806.mbox/%3c48592955.2090303@velox.ch%3e

The patch I posted on 18 June introduced a regression, however, so I
posted an updated version on 26th June:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200806.mbox/%3c4863C04C.2010502@velox.ch%3e

That's the version I still consider suitable for check-in to trunk
(attached again for convenience). A backport to 2.2.x is available at

http://sni.velox.ch/httpd-2.2.x-sni.diff

If, on the other hand, people think that SNI isn't important enough for
2.2.x, then I'd be glad to hear that as well (it doesn't make sense to
repeatedly nag the list about that topic, I think).

Thanks,
Kaspar