httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r682369 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy/proxy_util.c
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:27:54 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>
>> If the under the hood apr_reslist behavior is of such
>> concern we can create apr_reslist_create_ex with some
>> param that will allow to specify the pool cleanup ordering
>> keeping everyone happy concerning backporting and still
>> allowing all the goodies.
>
> In APR version 1.4.0 of course.  That could be a nice combination.

Sure. Seems we cannot backport even the existing change
to 1.3.x since it can cause user code to break in some cases,
like shown in this example.

For 1.3.x, Bojan can register the pre_cleanup for apr_dbd
after creating the reslist, so actually mimicking the
trunk behavior, but thats for APR list discussion.

Regards
--
^(TM)