httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject WIX-based httpd installer [Was: about httpd installer]
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 14:39:15 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I'll add though, that if you can do it "from scratch", the obvious way in
> this day and age is to start with the WIX project (sourceforge, MS created)
> which is an XML format - very transparent, and can be built by any of the
> contributors using free tools.
>
> That's actually my roadmap for apr (httpd etc).
>
> Bill

A colleague of mine, Michael Faden, used WIX in a project recently and
would like to throw in a couple of hours to implement an httpd installer
based on WIX. Are you interested in such a contribution, or did you
already work on it yourself?

If there is some interest, he would contact the list himself, and most
likely he would need to ask a few questions concerning the things, that
the momentary httpd installer does on the target system.

Regards,

Rainer