httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: worker MPM on trunk does not shut down cleanly
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 05:32:33 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> Ok, this is caused by http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=677505&view=rev
> This is the reslist pre_cleanup patch. I don't know why so far, but as
> I have a proxy configuration I suspect that it blocks on tearing down
> the proxy connection pools.

I was afraid of that :(
The amount of code in proxy connection pool used just to
make sure everything gets cleared and still not crashing
probably makes "normal" usage bogus.
We are passing and setting NULL's to some internal
structure members so we can figure out from where
the cleanup come from (parent pool cleanup or connection
pool maintenance)

IMHO the solution would be to get rid of all those tricks
in proxy connection pool, and simplify the things.
BTW, that peace of code was one of my major reasons for
doing all the pre_cleanup stuff.

Regards
--
^(TM)