httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject about httpd installer
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 16:19:37 GMT
Hi all,

I'm a PMC member of the Apache JAMES project.

We received a contribution from an user including an installer for our
main product (Apache JAMES Server). The installer is for the Windows
platform and is created using a commercial product named SetupBuilder.

I pointed the user that we couldn't use it in JAMES product because #1
SetupBuilder was commercial and #2 it required our release manager to
run on windows in order to create the instealler.

He pointed me that APache HTTPD has a windows installer based on a
commercial product too (Installshield).

Can you kindly give more details on how you dealt with this?

Thank you,
Stefano