httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_cgid doesn't pass null arguments on command line
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:36:30 GMT
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:

> Background: When a query string doesn't have key/value pairs, the
> query string is tokenized on the '+' character and the values are sent
> as argv to the CGI script.
>

> It looks like a change to discard null tokens snuck in along with a
> suexec patch, r87905 (look for strcmp)

mod_cgi works fine though (tiny caveat: I tried this with cgi vs. cgid on a
2061 tree I had handy).  The discrepancy between arg handling in cgi/cgid is
the major concern as far as user impact.

Fix in trunk for sure.
For the life of 2.2.x, I suspect that the same fix will leave more users
helped than hurt, with both numbers small.  (If paralyzed by fear of
regression, respect build flag such as -DCGID_BROKEN_NULLARG_PARSING.)

All imHo of course...