httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r681204 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/main.c
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:31:07 GMT

Just to be sure, that we talk about the same thing. You are talking of
the buffered logging that happens when BufferedLogs is set to on, correct?

I think in this case the buffered log data will never make it to the rotated
logfiles and here is why I think so:

plog and pconf pools are both childs of the process->pool which is destroyed
by destroy_and_exit_process. As the plog pool is created *after* the pconf
pool it will be destroyed *before* pconf pool.
The flushing of the buffers (flush_all_logs) is registered with a child pool
of pconf, whereas the killing of the log rotater processes via apr_pool_note_subprocess
is registered with the plog pool or a child of it. So the log rotater processes
are already gone when the buffers get flushed. Boom.

Regards

Rüdiger