httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paras Fadte" <plf...@gmail.com>
Subject Profiling apache 2.0.55 using Gprof
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:31:56 GMT
Hi,

I have been trying to profile apache 2.0.55 using Gprof by compiling
it with "-g -pg" option.The mpm used is worker. MaxRequestsPerChild is
changed to 1 in httpd.conf and I Start apache with "httpd -X" option
and make a single and then stop it.The gmon.out file produced does
show some details but when I make multiple requests say , 10 thousand
requests , although the number of calls are recorded it doesn't show
up time used by those function calls. It shows up as 0.00 . If the
server takes lets say , 10 minutes to serve/process the ten thousand
requests , shouldn't it be reflected in the gprof output also ? could
it be multithreading issue because of  worker mpm? or does gprof only
shows time for a single function call rather than a cumulative amount
of time used by all the calls made to a function ?

Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

-Paras