httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Survey on peer review processes within Apache HTTP Server
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:33:48 GMT
Hi everyone,

Peter is a PhD student at University of Victoria who is looking into
how open source projects perform peer reviews.  I've met him a few
times and he's a good guy - so if you could please take the time to
fill out his survey below, it'd be most appreciated.  =)

Thanks!  -- justin

---

Greetings Apache developers,

The purpose of this study is to understand how peer reviews are
conducted in Free and Open Source Software projects.

We are writing to you as a team of researchers from the department of
Computer Science at the University of Victoria, BC, Canada. We are
looking for Apache http developers who have in the past or currently
conduct regular peer reviews on this project.

Should you wish to consider participation, please go to

http://helium.cs.uvic.ca/phpESP/public/survey.php?name=peer_review_apache_httpd

You may participate in a survey which takes between 10 to 25 minutes
and/or an interview which takes up to 1 hour.

As the principal investigator, I would be happy to talk with you in
order to answer any questions you might have. My contact details are
below.

Sincerely,

Peter Rigby
Email: pcr@uvic.ca
www: http://www.cs.uvic.ca/~pcr

Research Team:
Peggy Storey (mstorey@uvic.ca), Daniel German (dmg@uvic.ca), Laura
Cowen, Ahmed Hassan

P.S. If you are interested in our quantitative findings regarding the
Apache peer review processes, I will be happy to send you a copy of
our paper that appeared in the 30th International Conference on
Software Engineering, "Open Source Software Peer Review Practices: A
Case Study of the Apache Server".