httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rafał <malinowskira...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: WebDav MOVE/COPY between servers
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:54:58 GMT
> If people *really* think that this functionality is needed,
My boss think ;) And I agree with him ;)

> than
> re-using COPY seems to make more sense (we could define a new variant
> that takes a Source header instead of the currently mandatory
> Destination header).
I've attached a path thats allows a COPY of resource to remote server.
It ignores Overwrite and don't yet check for return values.

It contains two thinks that I would like to get your opinion of:

1. it defines DEBUG_GET_HANDLER so the deliver and set_headers dav hooks
are defined
comments says that these functions are not properly implemented, could
someone point me how to implement them properly, so the
DEBUG_GET_HANDLER think could be finally removed?

2. it removes APACHE_PORT_HANDLING_IS_BUSTED from dav/main/utils.c
this code was added in 2002 to prevent some bug, but for me checking
ports works ok...

And the question: is there any way to check if destination url points to
remote server? I'm using servers with different ports, so the port
checking workd, but what about server-names, ips, aliases and so on?

Best regards
  Rafał Malinowski

Tysiące pomysłów na urządzanie domu, mieszkania,
ogrodu w jednym miejscu!
Zobacz jak mógłbyś zamieszkać.
Kliknij: http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.dom.wp.pl&sid=419