httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rafał <malinowskira...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: WebDav MOVE/COPY between servers
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:17:38 GMT
Dnia 17-07-2008 o godz. 9:14 Julian Reschke napisał(a):
> Rafał wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I've done first part of the job - there is now a FETCH method that works
> > in that way:
> >
> > FETCH /destination/path HTTP/1.1
> > Source: http://webdav.example.com/webdav-resource-to-fetch
>
> I'm not sure it's a good idea to define a new method for that.
>
> If people *really* think that this functionality is needed, than
> re-using COPY seems to make more sense (we could define a new variant
> that takes a Source header instead of the currently mandatory
> Destination header).

My first idea was to reuse the COPY with Destination header (the server
would do PUT to the other one), but I like to do thinks as simple as
possible, and modyfying existing COPY implementation seemed too
complicated. And it seems that with collection support it will be even
more complicated...

But now I know apache and mod_dav better that a week ago, so I'll check
if it is possible to reuse COPY method with Destination header.

Best regards
  Rafał Malinowski

DODA i Stachursky dźwigają muzę w Gdańsku,
już w najbliższy weekend przyjdź na koncert.
Kliknij po więcej:
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fcorto.www.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fmuzyka_gdansk.html&sid=417