httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Apache - MS LDAPSDK with multi-byte DN
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:35:03 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> That's correct.  Windows utf-8 code page 65001 or so is only a psuedo
> page
> in all older and (afaik) newer flavors of windows).  So it's returning
> this
> character in the local code page, can't represent it, and falls back
> on '?'.
Yup, and that's what our assumption has been that this is occurring.

> Using the FnW equivilant, treating the args as utf-8 and passing the
> args as
> unicode to ldap_search_ext_sW and resolving the return value back to
> utf-8
> would resolve your issues.

I'm not certain what you're getting at here.  Our arguments to
ldap_search_ext_sW all already contain valid utf-8 encoding as none of
the arguments contain anything but us-ascii characters.  Or are you
saying there's some extra conversion that needs to be done on us-ascii
only character args?

Thanks,
Andy