httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Apache - MS LDAPSDK with multi-byte DN
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:00:27 GMT
Sequence of events are as follows:
ldap_search_ext_s to an ldap URL and search base that does not contain
UTF-8 characters.
manager bindDn and bindPw do not contain UTF-8 charaters  (all are
US-ASCII) only.  The attribute being searched for (uid) does not contain
UTF-8 characters as well.

For example
ldap://server/cn=Name[UTF-8 character]MoreName, ou=people
                       -> uid=usasciiname (attribute)

The DN returned once Apache pulls it out from the ldap_search_ext_s
results is now cn=Name?MoreName, ou=people.

Basically the dn returned in the following two lines is already mangled
with the ? character:
    entry = ldap_first_entry(ldc->ldap, res);
    dn = ldap_get_dn(ldc->ldap, entry);

Thanks,
Andy