httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache - MS LDAPSDK with multi-byte DN
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:41:23 GMT
Stusynski, Dan wrote:

> Apache is compiled to support unicode by default from what I can tell.

Not exactly ;-)  Apache/WinNT is built around UTF-8.  In APR, we twist the
char args ourselves and then call the wchar FooW API function where we know
APR_HAS_UNICODE and the version tests clean as NT or later.  We don't even
look at the version, if APR_HAS_ANSI is false.

> For what it's worth I also did try using the ldap_search_ext_sW call directy inside the
uldap_cache_checkuserid function but that resulted in a filter error.

Yup :)

So if you were to tweak things to decode utf-8 into unicode and then invoke
the W flavor, it should work.  But I don't think we actually wrap
ldap_search_ext_s in apr-ldap, do we?  Meaning that will be a heck of a
messy macro override.