httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Apache - MS LDAPSDK with multi-byte DN
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:35:06 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:
> 2008/7/16 Stusynski, Dan <dstusynski@ptc.com>:
>
>> Hello devs,
>>
>> It would appear that the MS LDAP SDK has an issue when Apache is compiled against
it.

>> Our Apache 2.2.9 compiled with VC6 on Windows against the MS LDAP SDK seems to have
an issue when searching for a DN that contains multibyte characters (non ascii), in this case
a Chinese character. The ldap_search_ext_s(...) from util_ldap.c returns with a USER_NOT_FOUND.

>> For example, assuming a user exists in LDAP with a UID=testMBUser with a DN:
>> cn=t我st,cn=test,ou=test1,ou=people,cn=myLdapBranch,cn=TestEnvironment,o=testerGroup
>>
> Have you tried this feature?  Presumably your data in LDAP is utf-8,
> you just need to figure out what to convert _from_.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html#authldapcharsetconfig

I'm pretty sure the issue here is that a UTF-8 DN is being sent but the
MS LDAP SDK garbles this.

--
Jess Holle