httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2.9 default bindist/apr library problem
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 15:44:24 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>> In a case where it is relocated, envvar just needs to be updated right?
>
> As a workaround, yes.
>
> In the long term, we have to fix apr-util, really not httpd's problem,
> to teach apr-util's apu_dso to hunt in each shlibpath dir and its
> apr-1-config subdir.
>
> As for traditional yet relocated builds, say with --prefix=/bogus/path
> and installed in /usr/lib, well that will require an envvar fixup
> regardless.

Based on the comment that was attached to the bug I filed on this
there's an even easier option --disable-util-dso when configuring. I was
unaware this was disableable, but should have looked at the apr-util
configure --help.

That seems to be the simplest solution for bindist or otherwise
relocated apr/apache builds.

Andy