httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2.9 default bindist/apr library problem
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 19:08:19 GMT
Andy Wang wrote:

> In a non relocated installation, this really isn't a problem though
> right?  As long as the library remains in the path that the linker
> initially was told it'd be at, this is a non issue, and one would expect
> in a non SHLIB_PATH situation, that would be the case,

Exactly.  Based on apr-util's ./configure --prefix, you're done.

> In a case where it is relocated, envvar just needs to be updated right?

As a workaround, yes.

In the long term, we have to fix apr-util, really not httpd's problem,
to teach apr-util's apu_dso to hunt in each shlibpath dir and its
apr-1-config subdir.

As for traditional yet relocated builds, say with --prefix=/bogus/path
and installed in /usr/lib, well that will require an envvar fixup
regardless.