httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2.9 default bindist/apr library problem
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 18:27:47 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Eric Covener wrote:
>> One case to keep on the radar:  There can be configuration mechanisms
>> for the loader outside of the SHLIB_PATH envvar.   If this is apr-util
>> in /usr/lib, so no shlib-path-var is in use, would we be able to find
>> /usr/lib/apr-util-1/
>> Do the various loaders permit an argument resembling
>> "apr-util-1/" to consult the non-envvar loader configuration?
> The apr-util's apu-prefix=/foo becomes /foo/lib/apr-util-1/ so this is
> and
> isn't addressed, and really can't be.  Unless dlopen supports finding
> these
> 'default' platform directories, we are at a loss.

In a non relocated installation, this really isn't a problem though
right?  As long as the library remains in the path that the linker
initially was told it'd be at, this is a non issue, and one would expect
in a non SHLIB_PATH situation, that would be the case,

In a case where it is relocated, envvar just needs to be updated right?

View raw message