httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2.9 default bindist/apr library problem
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 23:10:58 GMT
Andy Wang wrote:
> so the libraries are pathed with ${libdir}/apr-util-1 directory in their
> path.
>
> As a result, the bindist installed Apache 2.2.9 isn't able to find
> apr_ldap*.so.
>
> Simple enough to workaround in envvars, but is the intention to continue
> to put libraries in subdirectories under apache/lib or was this an
> oversite?  Either way, envvars needs to be updated to include any new
> libraries for a bindist situation correct?

yup - but we had a debate on this on apr, and the direct path was preferred.
I think in retrospect that was a bad choice, and that apr should search from
LDPATH_ELT/apr_foo-1.so and LDPATH_ELT/apr-util-1/apr_foo-1.so for each ELT
of LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or SHLIB_PATH or LIBPATH or what have you by platform).

Thoughts, folks?

Bill