httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r678179 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:58:37 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 08:51:54 -0400
"Eric Covener" <covener@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 08:09:23 -0400
> > "Eric Covener" <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Is it kosher to pull the API extension from trunk? A less intrusive
> >> (AuthnProviderAlias-only) solution occurred to me while reading
> >> your note.  Would the (incorrect) minor bump be left in place or
> >> can it be reverted?
> >
> > I'd say it wants a major bump that'll draw the line under likely
> > breakage.  Fortunately that's allowed in /trunk/.
> >

> For clarification, you're saying a major bump to remove
> has_realm_hash() right in favor of a simpler solution?

Yep.  Since you have a solution that doesn't break the API,
use it and revert the API change.  The major bump draws a
line under any incompatible usage that may have happened
in the meantime.

> The following [chop]

Not reviewing that now, but will try and find time for it
if you implement it.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/