httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <>
Subject Re: Apache - MS LDAPSDK with multi-byte DN
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:25:14 GMT
2008/7/16 Stusynski, Dan <>:
> Hello devs,
> It would appear that the MS LDAP SDK has an issue when Apache is compiled against it.
> Our Apache 2.2.9 compiled with VC6 on Windows against the MS LDAP SDK seems to have an
issue when searching for a DN that contains multibyte characters (non ascii), in this case
a Chinese character. The ldap_search_ext_s(...) from util_ldap.c returns with a USER_NOT_FOUND.
> For example, assuming a user exists in LDAP with a UID=testMBUser with a DN:
> cn=t我st,cn=test,ou=test1,ou=people,cn=myLdapBranch,cn=TestEnvironment,o=testerGroup

Have you tried this feature?  Presumably your data in LDAP is utf-8,
you just need to figure out what to convert _from_.

Eric Covener

View raw message