httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ValiDOM <>
Subject (new) libapache2-mod-scramble-ip
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 23:54:54 GMT

in my company a developer and me created a new apache-module. It works
like mod_removeip but instead just overwriting the IP-addr with it encrypts the IP-addr. This way, you always get an IP-addr
to work with (in scripts etc) and have the possibility to still use
awstats to analyse your logs. He called the module
"libapache2-mod-scramble-ip". It's working on our apache2-servers, looks
like the 'cost' (load) is small and reasonable.

The company and we both are willing to publish this module to the web
under the Apache Licence. But before, it maybe would be a good idea if
some more developers could take a look at the code.

The package can be found at:

It would be highly appreciated if somebody could take a look at it -
every comments, suggestions, amendments etc. are very welcome.

PS: ´╗┐The hosting of the module will be at as soon as the project was
fully approved+created by

View raw message