httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <>
Subject Re: WebDav MOVE/COPY between servers
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 18:54:23 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rafa%u0142" <>
To: "dev" <>
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: WebDav MOVE/COPY between servers

>> I imagine most will allow copying to and from local file systems... so
>> you
>> on your way.
> My purpose is to get rid of it in some cases. For example: I have my
> client system, and 2 webdav servers (dav1, dav2). I want to be able to
> copy/move files between dav1 and dav2 without copying them first to my
> client system. And I want to do it by Webdav commands, not by adding
> some other programs to servers.
> Best regards
>  RafaƂ Malinowski

Its a cool idea... on TC is so close to that already, I'm now wondering why
they didnt do it... theres probably a few catches in the security.
I'm not sure clients are smart enough for the idea either... I think
Microsoft would go, what the hell, where did that file come from... I didnt
put it there...ha ha

I dont think webdav in practice is there... maybe it should be, because it
would lend itself to all sorts of cool content management schemes...

Maybe a remote webdav client that you can control from a browser
interface... a kind of remote desktop idea, is a better way to go.

Have fun...

The only real POJO Application Server.
See it in Action :

View raw message