httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ap_custom_response content type 'text/xml'
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:11:27 GMT
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Kiffin Gish <Kiffin.Gish@tomtom.com> wrote:

> What do you mean by a special uri space? You're not referring to
> something like a separate cgi-script are you? That's exactly what I was
> trying top get away from by implementing ap_custom_response() in the
> first place...

e.g., /myapp/errordoc/this_particular_error.xml

It can be handled by a handler in your module; you don't need a CGI.  This
would potentially lend itself to letting users customize error responses by
mapping the special error URI to an alternate filesystem path.

The output filter idea from Brian would also be fine.