httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <>
Subject Re: Contributing code to Apache HTTPd
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:23:36 GMT

On Jun 9, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Thomas Lee wrote:

> I'd love to contribute some code to the Apache web server, but it's
> a little intimidating to know quite where to start. Obviously the
> bug tracker was my first port of call, but it's difficult to
> determine which defects would be good for a new developer to look at.

The best defects to attack are the ones that directly affect you or
your friends.  That way you have a real-life opportunity to test the
results of your efforts.

> Even if not defects, is there another set of tasks that might be
> useful for familiarizing one's self with the trunk? How are new
> releases planned, etc.?

You're in the right place!  Development and release are discussed
right here on the mailinglist.  Also, look at the information on

  and the STATUS file in the source tree

Sander Temme