httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "John Smith" <lbalba...@gmail.com>
Subject Compile warning using additonal CFLAGS '-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -W'
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:51:37 GMT
Hi,

Ive just downloaded and compiled httpd-2.2.9, but when I add the
CFLAGS '-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -W' I get the following
warnings that may require further investigation of an developer :

- cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
- comparison between signed and unsigned
- missing initializer
- declaration of 'foo' shadows a global declaration
- declaration of 'foo' shadows a previous local
- signed and unsigned type in conditional expression
-

Perhaps this warrants some investigation by the developers ? Ive
attached the complete build log for the full details.

Regards,

John Smith.