httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Bug in ap_internal_fast_redirect
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:38:56 GMT
Torsten Foertsch wrote:

> So I am wondering wouldn't it be better to call ap_run_sub_req(subreq) to put
> out the response instead of that hack? I am trying to understand why
> ap_internal_fast_redirect is necessary at all?

It's legacy crap that should be evicted from httpd-trunk, I'll do so
sometime in July depending on vacations and such.  You'll be able to
review the patches to mod_dir and mod_negotiation and decide, should
we actually push these into 2.2.

The answer though is probably -no-.  Module authors have developed their
modules around these quirky behaviors, so changing in 2.2 may substantially
break third party extensions.  Because of our ABI contracts, we try not
to do such things (fcgid on win32 being an obvious but necessary exception).

Bill