httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] initial release of httpd-mod_ftp-0.9.0
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 02:28:24 GMT
Sander Temme wrote:

>>  [X] +1 to release as 0.9.2-beta, and ready to tag GA (1.0.0)
>
> Compiles cleanly (no emits) on httpd 2.2.9 w/ APR and APU 1.3.x r671971
> built w/ libtool 1.5.26.
>
> Module loads, config loads with all defaults, I can connect and be
> denied login access, which seems a comfortable level of default lockdown.

Good to hear, and thanks for testing.  Unfortunately that's 2 binding +1's
with a little over 18 hours left in the vote.  I'll probably swing my vote
to beta if a third beta vote came in beta.  My main reason for choosing
-alpha was the revert of the old ABOR handling that Jim had wedged into the
cmd table (BOR, ABO etc with some binary nuggets that broke HELP).

So many client authors were clueless about telnet and out of band data
that I think some users would be frustrated by the broken ^C behavior,
we could probably get more coherent reports if it was -alpha.  But I'm
happy either way.

Thanks too to Jorge and Takashi for their review.

> I'd be +1 on seeing this out there, but would fix Takashi San's
> observations before GA.

Agreed, I'd actually want to address them all before 0.9.3-whatever,
but it's certainly not broad enough to hold up at least something
as beta or alpha.  He was correct that it's not GA until those are
fixed.