httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: SNI in 2.2.9? (Re: 2.2.9 status)
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:14:04 GMT
On Mon, Jun 18, 2008 at 05:27:17PM +0200, I wrote:
> So, to support non-SNI clients "as far as possible", let me propose the
> attached (additional) patch. It corrects the shortcomings of my earlier
> attempt (no longer changing dc->nVerify{Client,Depth} in-place), and
> includes the changes to support SSLCipherSuite, SSLHonorCipherOrder,
> SSLCARevocation{File,Path} and
> SSLOCSP{Enable,DefaultResponder,OverrideResponder} for non-SNI clients.

It turns out that I introduced a regression for SNI clients with this
patch, unfortunately... sorry about that, mea culpa. While the changes
to ssl_callback_SSLVerify and ssl_callback_SSLVerify_CRL in that version
of the patch do the right thing for non-SNI clients, the code will
segfault when trying to verify the peer cert of an SNI client.

The reason is simple - for SNI clients, no request_rec has been assigned
at that stage (it doesn't exist yet), so accessing r->server attempts to
dereference the NULL pointer.

The attached version (v5) fixes this issue, and an interdiff to v4 is
also included. Would it be feasible/acceptable to commit this to trunk?

Thanks,
Kaspar