httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Consider breaking out ldap library dependencies?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 03:09:50 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2008, at 12:18 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>

>> On 06/05/2008 06:00 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>> apr-util-1.3 lets us link httpd (and support/) in such a way as to avoid
>>> all ldap entanglements.
>>> Any thoughts on adopting
>>> http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/ldap/httpd-2.2-ldap.patch
>
> Hmmm... I don't see the patch as requiring 1.3.x...
>
> What am I missing?

Nothing, as pointed out before the || escapes any --avoid-ldap failure.

I wasn't pushing, because I hadn't had a chance to try a no-so's, static
build, but things look good here.  --ldap-libs are added for our monolithic
httpd binary from the module's LDADD path, from what I can tell.

I count rpluem and myself as +1, and Graham's concern shared with Ruediger
is addressed, so if there is no further objection and one more +1 it seems
appropriate to add this patch before we tag 2.2.9.  If there's no more +1's
coming immediately, of course we can wait.

Bill