httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r664167 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/mod_request.h modules/filters/mod_request.h
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2008 21:30:44 GMT

On 06/07/2008 08:58 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Ruediger Pluem wrote:

>>> shouldn't have, your exports.c is stale.
>>>

>> It wasn't stale, but r664227 fixed this. Now it works again. Thanks.
>> But as modules/http does not contain *.h files any longer I guess you
>> missed the following patch:
>
> So I did, thanks for the pointer!  However, modules/http/ might contain
> includes in the future which aren't consumed by the core, so it isn't
> harmful.  In fact, the includes recently moved into core include/ should
> probably be refactored into those bits which are relevant to core server/
> and those which should have always been private, before a 2.4 or 3 ships.
>
> Suppose we should leave that as-is, for now?

The reason why I noticed this at all is an error message emitted by make
which says that ls cannot find any *.h files in the modules/http directory.
And if we add *.h files back to modules/http, the question is whether
its functions need to be added to exports.c. If yes I would say that these
headers then belong in include/, if not then the patch needs to be applied anyway.

Regards

RĂ¼diger