httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian G <i...@iang.org>
Subject Re: SNI in 2.2.9? (Re: 2.2.9 status)
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 12:06:22 GMT
dev-digest-help@httpd.apache.org wrote:

> SNI in 2.2.9? (Re: 2.2.9 status)
> 	61495 by: Kaspar Brand

>>> There are just a handful of useful patches in STATUS lacking
>>> a single vote for inclusion in 2.2.9...
>>
>> While not completely true for the SNI backport proposal (requires more
>> than a single additional vote),....

[technical stuff snipped]

>> So, is there still hope for SNI being added in 2.2.9...? Let me know if
>> there's anything else I can do to increase the chances of getting this
>> proposal accepted.

Yes, ditto.  Although I'm totally unfamiliar with the code,
SNI is a big deal for users, because it makes SSL available
for all the small time virtual hosts.  If I had a vote I'd
say do it!

Making SSL available for small sites puts a big pressure on
the browsers to work on their secure interfaces, which they
lack right now.

Are there any roadblocks that can be cleared away by
external wannabe-helpfuls?

iang