httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Frey <>
Subject Splitting source
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:28:41 GMT
Hi all,

i am trying to develop a module where parts of the source is in other files.
The question now is, where exactly in the Makefile do i plug that in?

If i use apxs to build a simple module it creates a few files, like:

.../apache223-install/bin/apxs -g -n simple
Creating [DIR]  simple
Creating [FILE] simple/Makefile
Creating [FILE] simple/
Creating [FILE] simple/mod_simple.c
Creating [FILE] simple/.deps

if i now put an additional .c file into that directory, where do i reference
it, so make will build the module correctly?

Is this what's the .dep file is for, or in or directly in the Makefile?

I hope somebody can help me with this or point me to some place describing this,
the apache version i am using currently is 2.2.3 btw. i don't think that thing have
changed dramatically in the build process.

View raw message