httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r654752 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: CHANGES STATUS modules/generators/mod_cgid.c
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 12:27:22 GMT
On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 6:57 AM,  <trawick@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: trawick
> Date: Fri May  9 03:57:46 2008
> New Revision: 654752

> Log:
> backport from trunk:
>
>  *) mod_cgid: Explicitly set permissions of the socket (ScriptSock) shared by
>     mod_cgid and request processing threads, for OS'es such as HPUX and AIX
>     that do not use umask for AF_UNIX socket permissions.
>     [Eric Covener, Jeff Trawick]
>
>  *) mod_cgid: Don't try to restart the daemon if it fails to initialize
>     the socket.  [Jeff Trawick]

A patch for 2.2.8 is in
http://people.apache.org/~trawick/cgid_socket_perms.txt and needs to
be moved to http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/patches/apply_to_2.2.8/

(blush) I don't recall if/how I can log on to archive.apache.org or
otherwise put stuff there.  Offline hints and/or somebody do the dirty
work?