httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Adding purge/invalidation to mod_cache
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 08:35:51 GMT

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Colm MacC?rthaigh wrote:

> For one reason or another, I need to be able to invalidate cache
> entries in some mod_cache caches. There's no "good" standard for this,

Aye - common problem!.

> PURGE /foo HTTP/1.1
..

While above is 'always' a good/sensible approach. I'd like:

> something more like mod_proxy_balancer's full-scale html interface for
> doing this kind of thing at run-time?

No, totally nut - bot I am much more interested in a deeper, programmatic,
interface - which I can hook up to things like spread. Esp. if that 'bus'
can also contain pro-active warnings of one cache to the others that it
has spotted something going out of date or whatever.

However the current cache_remove_url_filter() backing is not quite ideal -
with respect to purging 'recursively' into the Vary-ants. But I guess that
is a problem which can be solved totally separately.

Dw