httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Res <...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: apache mod_dbd/htaccess (SUP)
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 05:37:37 GMT
Hi Nick,

On Fri, 2 May 2008, Nick Kew wrote:

> Can you devise a single statement you could set at top-level for
> all your hosts?  Perhaps with the hostname as an argument to
> the SQL query.
> If that doesn't work as-is, then a fix to that would seem a good
> enhancement request.

I might be missing something, but I've tried many combinations, the best
would be: (all non relevant lines ommited)...

<Directory /var/www/members/*/secure>
  AuthDBDUserRealmQuery "SELECT pass FROM blah WHERE user = %s and
realm = %s
     Require valid-user

Of course this match any ol bugger, it would be nice to extend this so
that perhaps a %*% could be used in the directory statement? This would
say match up with the realm, so... an attempt to login as foo@bar, being
user foo logging into user bars protected directory would see:

<Directory /var/www/members/%*%/secure>
  AuthDBDUserRealmQuery "SELECT pass FROM blah WHERE user = %s and
realm = %s

and be read as in this case as authenticate foo to enter
/var/www/members/bar/secure ... if you know what I mean.

--
Cheers
Res

I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.