httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: On future mod_wombat improvements
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 15:02:22 GMT
FWIW, we already use apreq for other stuff anyway.  Also, it does a lot of
useful stuff that can be exposed via mod_wombat

One of my top things I want is a way to generically "register" and "call"
some lua code that takes advantage of resource pools, caching, etc.

No offense to Brian M, but I found it easier to start from scratch rather
than hack on mod_wombat.  Granted, I used a ton of ideas from mod_wombat,
but it would have taken more time to "fix" the implementation.

There is an early version of my efforts floating around - mod_lua_request.
(I can repost it, as well).  With the register/call interface, I do all the
hook stuff (fixups, handler, etc.) in a separate module.  The base module is
just for the apache<->lua glue.

I still hack some on mod_wombat, to be fair...

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer