httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: IIS6 application pools feature in Apache..
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 12:41:48 GMT
We have a very small module that limits the number of threads a virtual host
can be using at any given time.  That works well enough for use.

Basic function is:

Post_read_headers:
Check # of threads that r->server is using
If too many return 503, otherwise increment count
Register cleanup on r->pool that decrements the count

The count is just a piece of shm that we do atomic inc and dec on.

That's it.  Fairly simple and it works.  One, if so inclined, could do the
same on the location and/or directory level.

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer