httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: 2.2.9 status
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 00:15:02 GMT
On May 22, 2008, at 11:50 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Right now, we are waiting on an APR release before we can
>> release 2.2.9... Does matter if we go with APR 1.3.0 or 1.2.x,
>> we need a release (showstopper related to 1.2)
>
> APR_EDONTCARE, although the community was very vocal in preferring
> to put APR 1.3.0 to bed already, once Roy's concerns about the
> nonsense
> created by --with-static-support is addressed.
>
> Showstopper to Windows 2008 (a server OS) is the STATUS entry about
> the
> ApacheMonitor.c sources I would very much like to migrate back to the
> 2.2.x branch already, now that it supports the new UAC schema.  (As I
> note, this improves things for other 200x users who prefer not to use
> an administrator login, but who want access to the monitor).

Go ahead and migrate them.  I looked at the patch last week and found
no clue as to how to evaluate it without a working win32 install.
You are the only windows developer on trunk, so let's just treat
anything specific to win32 as auto-backport until the folks who only
test releases start complaining.  Same goes for BeOS, if anyone cares.

....Roy